Wednesday, October 28, 2020

What a funky day I had!

I am not a morning person. Getting up at 6 this morning was tough. I went to bed early, but tossed around most of the night thinking about getting up! My tests went fine and I found out I also don't care to walk fast uphill on a treadmill. Oh well, all in the quest for good health!

I was home early enough to open at 10 as usual. It poured rain most of the day and probably will continue over night and into tomorrow thanks to Zeta, the latest hurricane. I like rainy days. I don't feel like I'm missing anything by being inside!

The last of six quilts for the same customer came off the machine today and was bound and ready to go home by lunchtime. I also bound her Autumn quilt.

This is the patriotic quilt for the customer's son

I chose the panto, Simply Stars, because it was bold and actually shows up on the busy top.

I got the backing 25% off at Hobby Lobby. Another great buy. The binding is the same fabric.

Autumn pumpkins done and dusted!

I spent a good part of the day working on the tee shirt quilt. I decided to do a drop shadow block for it because it is kind of dull, as far as the shirts go. It needs some pizzazz.

Here is the final layout of the shirts.

The baseball fabric is the background, with black for the shadows.

I still need to cut the pieces for the left side row with the only wide shirt. I think it is going to look nice!
It will  have a tiny red inner border and probably solid blue outer border. It may be done tomorrow!

I saw Pride Prejudice and Zombies on the guide during a channel flip, and decided to record it. The book was a hoot, so I'm hoping the movie will be as kitchy. If not, no problem...Hallmark has started their Christmas movies already. (Gasp!! It's still October!) No matter what, I'll have something brain numbing to listen to when I'm doing my quilt repair.

I weighed in 32 pounds lighter than last year at the doctor's office.
Who'd a thunk it?







1 comment:

  1. Love the tshirt layout with the drop shadow. The baseball background fabric is so striking.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.