Monday, November 2, 2020

I'm so boring! Work-eat-sleep

I heard from a friend that she was worried something was up with me as I hadn't posted. I hate to admit it, but my life is really boring right now. All I do is work, eat and sleep. We don't go anywhere except doctor appointments and the grocery store...my kids aren't coming for the holidays, and there are no quilt guild meetings to go to. I bet your life is much the same.

I finished the tee shirt quilt and Mr Wazoo will mail it off tomorrow. I quilted a vintage quilt and gave it a good washing, and repaired another, both for the same customer. My class sample quilt is quilted, and will get binding tomorrow, too.

Tee shirt quilt before binding

Panto: Jetty with a gray/blue thread

The back has the leftover shirts on it

I used the same baseball fabric for the narrow strips.

Here it is with binding.

Baseballs on the binding, too.

This is the vintage quilt, all finished. Before the wash, I might add.

Backed with this pink print, and sporting the panto, Texas fan.

I can't believe it took me all day Sunday to do the repairs and quilting on this. 

All the red squares are mine, these slightly darker green ones, too.

I replaced the dark square.

My square here is in the lower right corner.

Here is my quilted class sample

This is the last of this wonderful fabric. Boo-hoo!
I used the panto, Modern Twist

I also did a couple of customer quilts while sewing or repairing. Christmas is coming fast and I have been inundated with quilts to do! Here are the ones I have ready to go right now.

Half square triangles on display here! The maker did a really good job not cutting off the corners. 

Panto: Woven Wind

The backing is black, but looks gray in the picture. It is a tiny geometric pattern of black and off white. I guess that will look gray, right?

This cute table cover is done with a Christmas jelly roll.

Panto: Falling Snow

Retro Christmas backing. The customer came and picked it up  saying she has another one made!

Sometimes a day is brighter when I get emails from people I have sent or given quilts to. Our best friends from Door County, Wisconsin welcomed their first grand baby three months ago. I sent a simple but colorful quilt for the little man, with the promise of a bigger quilt when he is older. The young couple wrote a wonderful thank you to me along with a photo of their son with his quilt. You can tell they have washed and used it. Just what the quilter ordered! It made my day.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.