Thursday, November 5, 2020

Another very busy day!

 I hit the ground running this morning before ten o'clock because I knew customers were coming and I still had quilts piling up on the rack. This isn't a new thing. Every year about this time the Christmas gift quilts start coming in and I speed up the process by quilting longer each day and working seven days a week on only customer quilts. I have 26 pantograph quilts in the line right now, and at two a day (if I'm lucky) I figure I am a bit over two weeks out on my turn around time. Closer to Christmas, I tell people not to count on getting their quilt before the 25th, but usually get the job done. Everyone is happy. I am being extraordinarily picky with any custom work I take on. With the repairs and tee shirt quilts, I just don't have the time I need to devote to doing it anymore. I did take on the eight embroidered quilts, though, and am working along as time permits. I did another row today! Eight more blocks to go before the sashing and border home stretch.

I'm making steady progress. I think two more days will do it.

Mr Wazoo spent some time with me in the studio today, moving all the quilts out of the bathroom and replacing the small mismatched shelves with one sturdy unit. He also hung a hand towel ring instead of the bar type next to the sink.

Behind Mr W is the new towel ring. Now, I won't drip water all over turning around to grab the towel!
He put the unit together in the tiny space while sitting on my new soft-close toilet seat! I'm getting a pretty swanky update in there.

We moved out all the quilts to the studio, where I sorted them into piles that belong together on a shelf. 
Vintage, utility, show, modern, ethnic and wall size. 

The quilts on the table are going to  charity. Family Connection in Blue Ridge and our guild's Heart to Heart nursing home and hospice outreach. I certainly don't need to hang on to all these quilts! I hope they will bring someone joy.

A few stayed in the bathroom while Mr W worked.
I worked on quilting while he drilled and pounded.

My customer made this quilt from a block of the month program in the 1970s. 
I remember fabric like this. It seems every doctor's office and lawyer's waiting room was done in these colors back then. The vintage look of it is rather pleasing.

Panto: Fresco feathers

Calico backing

Meanwhile...

Whoa!! We almost saw a bit too much of Mr Wazoo.
Say NO to crack...

That's better.

I refolded and moved all the quilts back to the new shelves. So tidy!

A big box of quilts for the Family Connection,

and a big pile for Heart to Heart! It feels good to spread some love.

Once again, it was 6:00 and I have one last row...
Unit tomorrow!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.