Sunday, October 25, 2020

Sunday, Funday?

 I'm not too sure it was a funday. It rained a bit, and got a little cooler. I worked in there studio and Mr Wazoo puttered in the yard. All in all, it was a pretty good day.

I started with the oriental wall quilt, getting it finished quickly and on to the next thing.

I used gold Glide thread for the quilting. It looks wonderful.

This new panto is called Naomi's Fan Tails

I love the backing, too.

While Millie chugged along on the first of five quilts for the same customer, I started the cutting and stabilizing tee shirts for a customer quilt. She wants a sofa quilt for her son, who played baseball for years.
I'm off to a good start and hope to have it sewn together by the end of the week. Tomorrow, I need to work on the embroidered quilt. The customer is coming on Wednesday to pick up all three  embroidered quilts!

The blocks and patches are all ready. Sashing and borders come next.

Nothing has happened here for a few days. Bad Susan!

It seems like I am doing an awful lot of bindings and finishing people's quilt tops before getting to the quilting! There are many stages to making a quilt, and I enjoy all of them. From finding a pattern, buying the fabric, cutting, sewing, appliqué, making the backing, quilting and finishing with a binding, label and perhaps a sleeve. It is al part of the process. I know people like making tops, and I'm thankful they trust me to quilt them, but I think the rest of the construction finishes are something worth learning, too. There is a real satisfaction to making a quilt start to finish. That's why I spend so much time doing it. Something I made will hopefully be around for 100 years! My legacy.

Last night, I repaired this customer quilt, and today I washed and fluffed it up!
Doesn't it look great?!

I replaced the two plaid patches and the teeny tiny patch with writing on it.

Here, I replaced the pink floral patch.

I also made and applied binding to the outdoorsy quilt.

The first of five quilts is quilted and I made binding and was sewing it on when the Oriole chirped and it was 6:00! I always know what time it is because I have a clock that has a different bird call for every hour. I have had this clock a long time, so I know each hour by it's chirp!

Six o'clock! Mr Oriole signals it is time for supper!

Outside the window is my favorite geranium. The deep fuchsia
color makes me smile. When it gets cold, Mr W will replant this box with something that will stand the weather, but for now, I'm a happy girl!









1 comment:

  1. I love the whole process of quilting. I like finishing it off with the binding. I want to particpate in the whole creation of the quilt. Except for ripping out. I do not think I could do what you do for other people- your work is very valuable, I hope you don't undercharge.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.