Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Trial and error

 I managed to finish the quilting on the king size quilt. It took three days with all the interruptions to fix things. 

The quilt is so big, I couldn't get back far enough to get it all in the picture without it being a side shot.

The panto is Espallier done in blue variegated King Tut thread

The quilting shows nicely on the black backing.
There is nothing else quilting related to show you right now. Mr Wazoo changed the white belt on the Quilt Path unit and I tried it out. We still had the shuddering. He tightened the belt up, and I tried again. The machine began to move and then the motor completely froze. Everything undone, still frozen. I sent an email to the tech guru and haven't heard back. I think they are off for Thanksgiving. Rats!!
Calm down, Susan...there are plenty of things to be thankful for right outside the door!

Winter is coming. The temperature dropped yesterday and the sky looks cold, too!

The birds are here in great numbers enjoying the feeders in the yard. This one was a Christmas gift from friends. 

The fawns from a few months ago still come every day with their mama, and are now just about fully grown. We have quite a herd coming every day, including a stunningly handsome 8 point buck. I fear he will be a goner come hunting season. All around us, shooting practice is in full swing. It drives me crazy! It is one of the things we put up with to live way out here in the woods on a mountain.

Last night it got so chilly in the bedroom, I added the flannel quilt I made for Mr W to our bed. We were certainly warm and cozy with two quilts over us! Too bad I had to get up and take Penny out twice! 
Brrrrrrrr!!
I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Mr Wazoo wants the whole shebang dinner, so we are having turkey with the trimmings and pumpkin pie. We will be enjoying turkey for a week! Exterior Christmas illuminations go up on the weekend! Thirty days left...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.