Monday, November 30, 2020

Baby, it's cold outside!

 Thanksgiving was warm and lovely. Not so much after that! The cold air has crept in and today we had some snow. Taking the pup out at 3:30 in the morning when out is cold and raining is not high on my list of likes... its a good thing she's so darn cute.

The next quilts on the Christmas list were a couple of pretty banners for the maker's church. I chose stars for one and a swirly panto for the other. I think they will look nice hanging in church.

The first one is this Joy, love, peace, rejoice banner

The background is a sky full of stars, so I chose to add stars in gold thread.

The backing is this interesting print.

The second quilt has the lyrics from the carol Silent Night between pictures of the journey, birth and visitation of Christ. 

I quilted a swirl design in a mid tone blue thread.

You can see the swirls well on the back

After these church quilts, I loaded a really big quilt for a lucky husband for Christmas. With the cold weather, she may want to get the binding on and go ahead and crawl under the quilt ASAP!

This is the quilter's second project! Yikes!! New quilters are unaware of the pitfalls that can happen making huge quilts, and some of their efforts are wonky at best. This quilt was astonishingly flat and pretty square. I am impressed with her attention to proper seam allowance and careful block joining.


The majority of the quilt is solid colors in many bright hues. The center is all shades of gray prints, with a square of color appliquéd to the center. The panto is Funky Fans in a gray-green thread.


I loved this backing so much, I bought a bunch of it for the tee shirt quilts I have to make for a new customer.

56 two sided tee shirts to be made in to as many lap sized quilts as possible.
 Should be a fun challenge!!

All day today, I worked on two quilts. One is a large pantograph project for the maker's sister for Christmas. The other is a custom job that has been patiently waiting while I did the 8 embroidered quilts for the same customer. I am finished with the stitch in the ditch on the custom quilt and am on the second to the last row on the other quilt. Not bad for a day's work. Everything gets interrupted with a puppy in the studio. In and out...sleep...in and out, etc.. Add in people coming and going to drop off or pick up quilts and my work is piecemeal. At least I can say I am making progress even though I may not have much to show for it.

SID done, I will start the quilting tomorrow.

This is a very nice gray and yellow quilt. Wait until you see it finished tomorrow. I think the sister will love it.

Meanwhile, here is where I ended my day.


Wazoo exterior illuminations are up and lit! Thank you Mr Wazoo!!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.