Thursday, December 3, 2020

Early start to a good work day

 I started early today, trying to accomplish as much as I could before getting tired. I have been becoming so tired, I have to sit a while in the late afternoons. I think it is connected to the disturbed sleep patterns since getting Penny. Neither of us has had a full night's sleep in three weeks. I'm tired, so I would guess Mr Wazoo is, too. He would never admit it, though. But I digress...back to the work

I finished the quilt on the Millie, but I had a lot more to do than I originally thought. It turned out very pretty and the customer was pleased to have a Christmas quilt to display.

This pretty quilt was a booger to load! The customer made the backing like a big four patch, and wanted the quilt centered to the backing. This is simple top to bottom, but side to side matching the center of the top to the seam in the backing was a challenge. It all turned out right, and made us both happy!

Panto: Snow Fall, in white Glide thread.

Here are the two fabrics used in the big four patch on the back.

I worked on the custom quilt, finishing the body of the quilt. I noted one block I hadn't done the quilting pattern in, and marked it with a safety pin so I can fill it in later. I spent some time on EQ trying to figure out what to do in the large border, too. I intend to duplicate the pattern in the blocks in hexagons. Hopefully, I can get this mapped out and marked tomorrow and finish up the job.

Next, I quilted a lap quilt from a customer who requested I get backing for it as well as make and apply the binding. A search of my stash revealed a suitable backing and some fabric left from a quilt I made for charity that was part of the collection she used in her quilt! I finished the quilting and made the binding, then took Penny out for her exercise before sewing the binding down.

I bought some of these fabrics, too, and made a wall hanging from them. Good for me that I had some of the checked fabric left to use for the binding on this quilt.

Panto: Diagonal plaid in light brown So Fine thread.

I've had this fabric for a while, just waiting for the right quilt!


My coordinating binding was the lucky find!

I washed and dried the repair quilt and it looks wonderful!
Fluffed up and soft. Just like new...but old!

Penny goes to the vet for her second check up tomorrow afternoon. We have had her in our home for three weeks now, and we're so happy she is ours. We can sleep later. Right now, Penny is our world!

I'll always take a break for some donut play!

A bit of side eye from Penny...don't even try to steal my donut!

Awwww...

So fluffy and soft. Kind of like the old quilt. Comfortable.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.