Wednesday, December 2, 2020

A little snow, a little dog and a lot of work!

 I've had a full couple of days, and finally have a few minutes to blog about it. Miss Penny has kept us on our toes and short on sleep, but she is learning her manners every day and doing well with being a good puppy. I have been working tirelessly to get her to have a soft mouth and stop nipping at us all the time. She understands OFF! from me when she runs under my feet and bites my pant legs, but Mr Wazoo doesn't have the authoritative voice down pat yet. She dominates his pant legs! At least once a day, she crashes and I get a couple of hours to do some power quilting.

I finished the gray and yellow quilt for there customer's sister, and also quilted and bound two grandkid quilts for another customer. All this while working on the custom quilt on Big Gammill. I'm mastering multi-tasking!

This quilt will surely be the highlight of the recipient's Christmas. Her sister made the quilt with her favorite color combination, even though it is way out of her box for quilts. It's beautiful.

Panto: Chantilly in yellow Omni thread.

She used a grunge yellow backing. I love the way it looks!

Two little sisters will have cuddly quilts from their Grandma this Christmas.

The first one is pink, pink, pink! Just what the little girl ordered!

The hearts panto is one that comes with the APQS machine. 
I used King Tut variegated thread in shades of pink.

The backing is a bright pink Minkie that looks darker than it is in this photo.

The other sister requested pink and purple. Grandma did a good job with the fabric choices.

Same panto and thread selection.

Purple Minkie backing. Both quilts also got batik binding .

The custom job is moving slowly along. I hope to have the body of the quilt finished tomorrow.
There are 8 thread color changes so far!

I think I have about a third of the quilting to go on this one.

We had a dusting of snow along with some plummeting cold temperatures at night, but recovered to around 50 degrees by early afternoon. Mr W has been anticipating this turn and already had all the Christmas lights up and running. 

Meanwhile, Penny took a nap. Doesn't she look like a  chunky teddy bear? 
She weighs 10 pounds.

I did one more row on this Christmas quilt before quitting for the night. It should come off the machine tomorrow.

Mr Wazoo decorated the little live tree we bought instead of putting up the big tree. 
We know it would be a temptation for Penny to have so many sparkly, bright things dangling at her level. I don't think she has even noticed this tree, and it is on a table right next to her playpen.

I finished the handwork on this repair job and will get it washed in the morning. 
It only needed one block repaired and a few pieces replaced. Then, I re-quilted the places I fixed. 

Making and applying the  binding took the longest. Sewing by hand through the thick, lumpy batting in these old quilts is a challenge! This quilt is so soft and cuddly. I wish it was mine...

I need to collect the pup and go to bed. 3:30 comes quickly when I don't turn off the light until midnight.I'm looking forward to the day when Penny sleeps all night! 
My son and DIL sent Mr W and I Crocs for Christmas, and we are already enjoying them! So easy to slip on for the dog outings. Comfy too!

                                          
My new snazzy Crocs. I am also wearing my snazzy Crocs socks!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.