Saturday, December 5, 2020

A long day with not much to show

 I quilted a baby quilt and a lap quilt for two sisters who both love to sew. One sister has a new grandbaby, so she made a cute duckie quilt. There other sister made a sophisticated lap quilt for her daughter. Wildly different, but both lovely!

Sister number one made this sweet quilt with yellow ducks swimming in the blocks

This is the back, because it is easier to see the quilting. Little ducks swimming in opposite directions in each row! The top thread is a soft yellow Omni.

The second sister made this earthy quilt with shiny gold highlights.

I did the panto Dazzle with bronze colored Glide thread.

The backing is a Sienna brown, (washed out in this photo).
I was also busy with customers today; three picked up their Christmas quilts, including the customer whose birthday is today! She turned 80 and is holding a family party to gift each of her siblings the eight hand embroidered quilts I custom quilted. I hope they do it safely. I'm sure they are all older people.
The two repaired quilts went home with their happy owner, and the two Minky backed quilts are probably on the way to South Carolina with Grandma.
I finished the first part of the border quilting on the custom batik quilt I have been working on and got it off Big Gammill. It will go back on Millie tomorrow to have matching designs added to the hexagons I quilted in the borders. Then it will be done. Yippee!!

Ready for the last hurrah of quilting tomorrow.

I decided if I didn't  get the quilt for my daughter done soon, I would miss the mailing deadline for Christmas. It took all day to do the quilting, as the pattern is a complicated, but beautiful one. As usual, I have one row to go. Wait until you see how gorgeous it is. I made the binding and label today so I will be able to get it done quickly once the quilting is finished.

Here's your daily puppy cuteness dose.
Penny is enjoying a close conversation with her moose.


A little something to make you giggle.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.