Monday, December 7, 2020

Funday, Sunday!!

 Hey! I really did have a funday Sunday! I went to the studio early and finished the quilting on my daughter's Christmas quilt, as well as switch the custom quilt over to Millie for the finishing touches. 

I love this quilt! I think it is one of the most beautiful ones I have made in years.
I hope my daughter likes it as much as I do.

Panto: Paradise Feather with blush pink thread.

One of my customers had this backing on her quilt and I had to find it! I located it at Connecting Threads and managed to buy it at one of their sales.  I spent the evening watching a movie and hand sewing the binding. It will take another session tonight to finish the job.

The custom quilt took most of the day to finish. I used the same block motif in the border as in the big, colorful hexagons . I had prepared the borders by sectioning off squares, stitching the hexagon shapes and doing somer matchstick background fill around them. One I had it loaded on Millie, I stitched the motifs in all the prepared squares. It is a lovely quilt, and I am happy with the results.

It took a week too finish, but I like how it turned out!
The secondary pattern of circles made by the four patches is an added treat!

Here you can see the block pattern in one of the hexagons

Here is the same pattern, but smaller, to fit in the border squares. The little red border was left un-quilted, and the second border has loops in each of the squares.

This backing is really stunning. It is a Hoffams wide back called Fluttering By. It has 
 huge butterflies in tones of teal and lime green. Really nice!

Late in the day, I loaded one of the last Christmas gift quilts. I'll have better pictures of it later today, as the quilting is at the last row (what is it with this last row thing?!) It was after six and I needed to get going with our supper.
I'm at the bottom and ready to finish it up this morning!

While quilting the small quilt on Millie, I loaded this behemoth on Big Gammill for custom quilting. This sampler will surely take a while to do, so you will be seeing it often over the next little bit. I have about half of the basic stitch in the ditch done, trying to get it up off the floor for the quilting. Little dog would love to get her tiny choppers in that batting...

Today, I will start the first of the last three quilts for Christmas, all from the same customer. Then, I have 26 placemats to make for another customer. That will be a long, boring job...binding 26 mats. Oh well, time is money, and I have Christmas shopping to do!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.