Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Another random Tuesday

 Sometimes I feel like every day is the same as the next, but yesterday was a little different. I made a trip to the Family Connection of Fannin County to deliver 20 quilts from our guild in Blue Ridge. My friend had three quilts, and the remaining 17 were ones I made. I know that sounds like a lot of quilts, but I only made 12 of them since Covid began. The others were ones I gleaned from my quilt stash in an effort to make it more manageable. Too many quilts were just languishing on the shelf, waiting for someone to love them.

One box of quilts ready to go



There were three boxes altogether. Here are some more.

We delivered the quilts early in the day, so I didn't miss any work time. Back home by 10:00 and ready to quilt!
Millie's computer crashed the day before, so I re-entered the data for the second Christmas quilt, said a little prayer and began the quilting again. Everything was in place nd correct, so I was able to finish the quilting by noon.

It is a pretty red and green scrappy Christmas quilt!

Panto: Candy Canes in red thread.

Holly on the back. This will be a nice Christmas gift for a grandchild.
The quilter has made one for each of her grandchildren!

Now, for a sad and embarrassing story. I came home to a message on my answering machine from a lady looking for her baby quilt. She said her name and conveyed her concern that she hadn't heard from me that it was finished. I didn't recognize the name, and was sure there weren't any baby quilts in the huge queue waiting to be done. I checked my invoice books back to September, looked through the waiting quilts, and even called the quilt shop and asked if they had any quilts there for me. No dice anywhere. I called the lady and asked about the quilt. She described it to me, and sent a photo of the top by text. She then said she dropped it at the quilt shop weeks ago. Mr Wazoo came into the studio during the call to the shop, and when I got off the phone, he said he may have picked up a quilt when he went to collect checks from drop-off customers. A quick search of the car, and the quilt was located in a canvas bag on the floor in the back seat! I hadn't driven the car in weeks because of Covid. Mr W had run the errands and driven when we picked up Penny. I never looked in the back.
I called the lady and apologized for the error and quickly loaded the quilt, got it quilted, and added the binding. Mr W will deliver it to her today at no charge. What an embarrassing episode. I usually get baby quilts done right away because of the uncertainty of the birth date. This baby is due in two weeks!! Anyway, here it is. The customer's first quilt for her soon-to-be grandchild.

She used a colorful charm pack for the quilt, and added the small white border to top it off.


Panto: Flowerr Power in white thread.

The backing she included was way too small for the project, so I substituted this cherries fabric from muy stash. I used a red calico for the binding. I texted her photos of the finished quilt and she is delighted with the outcome. Whew! Tragedy averted.

The sampler quilt's stitch in the ditch is moving along nicely. I finished all the black SID and will move on to white next. A few seams in red will be done, and then I will begin the quilting in earnest.
I have an Opthomologist appointment today, so quilting time will be shortened again. I just keep plugging along and finishing quilts. If they make them...I will quilt them!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.