Saturday, February 6, 2021

Fun in the studio...practice form presentation

Start the day with the sky on fire! The sunrise on Thursday was stunning. It looked like there was a huge fire in the distance. Beautiful!

I ran outside in my pajamas to get a picture before it went away!
Get ready for many photos of the custom quilt finish. The quilt gave me some jitters because I am not a fan of samplers and struggle to figure out some kind of quilting scheme to tie the disparate blocks together.

It is a king size quilt for the customer's bed

The remaining blocks are hiding behind the back roller!

Most blocks have either geometric patterns, or soft feathers. I hope they even out the look!

My favorite block is the customer's schnauzer. The background fill is things a dog says.

Geometry block. There are a lot of paper pieced blocks similar to this. All perfectly done and with tiny, precise bits.

Who doesn't like a house block? I want to make a whole quilt of house blocks.

Fussy cut squares inspired the flower and leaf quilting

This is the logo of the Appalachian Trail.

A peek at the border quilting. Black quilting on black fabric...makes my eyes go goofy!

These pinwheels are softened by the feathering

Lovely Celtic knot

Geometric card trick block

I forgot to take a picture of the back (a white on white print)
Maybe because I subconciously hate  dark thread on light fabric.


I was so happy to have this quilt off the machine. I took a break for a day before thinking of loading the next custom project.
I was busy with pantographs, too, and here they are!

It is still Christmas at Wazoo! I love the panel. It is so happy.

Panto: Let it snow with Pearl Glide thread

Cheerful back, as well.

These are the cutest, bubbling whales! A small, cuddly soft baby quilt.

Panto: Ebb and Flow with light seafood green thread.

The back is plush Minkie fabric 
* Tip: don't cut Minkie with a rotary cutter. Use scissors to prevent the messy fluff getting all over your cutting table and stuck in the self-mending slits made in the mat.

This customer makes pretty and simply patterned quilts. They are always flat and nicely sewn. I love her!!


Panto: Swan's Journey in dusty rose thread

Muslin backing is usually not my choice, but here, it shows off the quilting pattern.

The 9 tee shirt quilts are in progress. I have sorted and stabilized the first batch. 
I had to pause this to practice my Zoom presentation for next Tuesday.

Sunset pink and pretty behind the house and over the mountain top. It turned bitterly cold with howling winds as the evening progressed, with a heavy snow falling (or blowing) all around. I'm dreading the last trot with Penny. I'm sure she won't want to go either...

Go to www.rgvquiltshow.org to see all about the virtual show I will be a part of. Click 'schedule' for my photo and bio. There will be a link to the presentation during the show days. I'm scared silly and excited at the same time!!







 

1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing all your beautiful work all the time. it's very inspiring! is there by any chance a way to get hold of the pattern for that whale quilt? it's to cute!! thanks so much, shoshana

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.