Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Back to normal...?

 My presentation went off fine and I have everything put away and the studio looking normal again. If you missed it, it will be on the www.rgvquiltshow.org site until the weekend. Today, I looked at all the quilts and voted for my favorites. Yesterday, I watched the other presentations and the auction. I think tomorrow I will look at the vendors. I miss quilt shows!

Quilting has also progressed and the QOVs are all done but one. I accidentally used the wrong bobbin case when I switched from pre-wound bobbins to metal bobbins. The pre-wounds don't have a spring in the bottom to prevent backlash. I used that case with my brass bobbins and the resulting stitching had very little tension on the bottom. The quilting all needs to come out. I'll be doing that at my leisure (cough cough) because I am not being paid for this. Customer stuff has to come first. Here are the finished ones.

Number one was really scrappy!

I used the panto Starstruck on all the quilts.

This one is still scrappy but more controlled.

I don't like this fabric. The pattern is pretty,  but it is really stiff!!

Another controlled scrappy quilt. Same panto and same thread, an off white Perma Core.

Stars are always good on quilts of valor.

I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of the favorite QOV of all! It was all made of homespun plaids, and looked manly and pretty.

I just happen to have the maker's picture of the quilt, because I do the guild newsletter and she had it in Show and Tell!

I worked the tee shirts again today and have all 108 blocks backed with the stabilizer! There should be 9 quilts with 12 blocks each. Let's hope I can get them all around the same size...
I also started making the pieces for the next repair. (It is the one that starred in my demo of doing repair.)

Back to true normality tomorrow! Quilting fun and lots of Penny kisses!!





2 comments:

  1. Your presentation was excellent. I repair quilts as well and I picked up some new information! I don't think I will ever choose to wash someone else's vintage quilt. Twork on older ones and there is just too much possibility of damage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always discuss cleaning the quilt with the customer before I do it. There has only been one person who didn't want it cleaned after the repair. So far, with the exception of the log cabin quilt, all have come out well. Older quilts get a gentle deep sink or tub soak with squished swish rinsing. Most ate dried on low in the tumble dryer until just damp, then laid out on the guest bed on a clean sheet and air dried under the ceiling fan. I turn the quilt a few times while drying, and sometimes put it outside over the rail of the deck with a sheet underneath. Some of them take three or four days to clean, and the newer ones go from washer to dryer without a problem.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.