Thursday, February 11, 2021

Rain, rain go away!

 It was cold and rainy today. Mr Wazoo gets antsy when he can't play outside, so I am always wondering what mischief he is getting into while I'm working. It turns out he was trying to make a gate on the deck to keep Penny from running off while he is grilling. Molly used to love to go out  and watch the squirrels while he cooked. Penny, not so much. She is scared of being on the deck. I hope she gets over that before Summer!

In the studio, I worked on a super-king sized quilt while assembling the second tee shirt quilt. I listened to the impeachment trial and found the manager's presentation compelling. I hope ...no, I wish, someone would hold T***p accountable for his actions. The lack of courage and honor in the Republican senators is sickening. Where in the world would jurors in a proceeding like this be allowed to have their feet up on the furniture, read books and even get up and leave the room while the case is being presented? It makes me so sad and frustrated to see where we have gone during the last administration. Okay, I'm done. Back to quilts.

This is one of the tee shirt quilts. I made the checked stripes to enlarge the strip logos on the second row of blocks. It looks nice!

This one is less interesting, but still nice! Only seven more to go!

This quilt is huge!! 101 x 104"

I didn't have time to trim it, but will do that in the morning.

To echo the wheels a bit, I chose Flower Child panto

The back is a lovely floral.

I finished binging another season of Great British Bake Off and will try to go to bed early. Every night I've been reading a book called The Sewing Machine. It is a clever weaving of the lives of several people over decades who all had experiences with the same hand cranked sewing machine. It is a lot like the TV program This Is Us, in that the chapters bounce around in dates in time and main character. I'm finally seeing the thread that binds them all together, so I must be getting close to the end. It's different, but spellbinding and hard to put down. I'll let you know how I feel about it after I finish reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.