Saturday, March 13, 2021

Working like crazy

 Back in the studio and working with purpose. Yesterday began with another large project, and I knew it would take all day. I decided it was a good time to tackle the appliqué custom job while quilting the 'Big Orange'.

On Thursday evening, I quickly quilted a baby quilt for a customer. Baby girl is on the way! So is the quilt.

Before the trim. This is a two sided quilt. This more complicated side with pretty toys has colors that will look good in a nursery.

Panto: Popcorn

This is the other side! Pretty and sweet for a new baby girl.

Popcorn shows up really good on this side.

This is Big Orange. A bright, happy quilt that is sure to lift the spirits of whoever is lucky enough to get it.

Panto: Butterflies in light orange thread

Where do my customers find these wide backs?! I've never seen this one.

I am one full row into the appliqué quilt, doing the stitch in the ditch at the same time as the quilting. Except for the borders, it will be all quilted when I get to the bottom.

The next quilt on Millie is a tee shirt quilt. I had to add 7 inches to the too small backing...

I will be starting a bit late today after a speed trip to Jasper. I get sucked into every fabric trip quite easily and this is no exception. Last one, I promise hope. ha ha ha.
I cut another kit yesterday for a Warm Wishes charity quilt, and will cut another one later today. One more kit to make, and I think I'll be ready. I bought two layer cakes from Moda to try out a pattern I have had my eye on, too. They are easy to pack!
See you later!


Destination, Jasper



Okay!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.