Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Finishing up and chasing butterflies

 I finished the last pantograph quilt, and just have the custom one to finish before leaving. My customer brought by new backing to replace the too small one, and had enough of it to sell me a piece for the vintage quilt I repaired and needed to finish. Life is good!

The customer quilt is lovely. It was a from a mystery quilt class she took. 

Panto: Delicate vine

The backing is a surprise. I'm not sure I would have used this pink, but she is happy with it. 

Remember the Penny escape and capture from Ester? Here is what she is trying to get when jumping wildly on the rock garden. Silly dog. She nearly snagged one yesterday!

Butterflies are abundant on the phlox.

This one was almost Penny's morning snack when it lingered a bit too long on a low clump of flowers.

Penny can stretch out to an amazing length when she is trying to reach her quarry.

No luck this time.

She watched while the butterfly made it's escape.

I'll be putting the vintage quilt through the wash today. I finished the binding last night and have one more to go. More hand work today. Off to the studio!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.