Friday, April 9, 2021

The end is in sight!

 On Wednesday I worked all day on the custom quilt. I have to get it done to be finished with all the quilts in the line. While I quilted on Big Gammill, Millie ran in the background, finishing Quilts of Valor for my local group.

The first QOV was this striking panel.

I used the panto simply stars on all three quilts. This one, with gold thread.

The backing on all three is this swirly pattern.

Number two is a split 9-patch.

I used off white thread.

The last one is this pretty square in a square pattern.

I used red thread on this one.

I finished all the blocks with the magenta thread, and have the borders done, as well. 
The blocks have 2882 leaves in them! The borders are a combination of leaves, flowers, berries and tendrils. The Bottom Line cone of magenta is gone! Loads of bobbins used on this one.

Here is a little flower

All the purple blocks have two leaves in each log.

I'll start the lime green today.

As you know, I have also finished two vintage quilts, and one has been washed and is ready to ship home! The other one I finished last night and is in the wash right now.

Fixed, quilted and bound!

Yesterday, I went to Chattanooga with friends to pick up a repaired sewing machine. We enjoyed our day out with visits to three fabric shops. I bought a few things and will add them to my kit stash for Texas.

I am not one to be up early, so I snapped this photo of the sunrise over the mountains from the road. The tallest one is Brasstown Bald, the highest mountain in Georgia. If you enlarge the picture, you'll see the tower on top where I have visited, taking lots of pictures of the surrounding area.

I am amazed how quickly my finger has healed after my rotary cutter accident.
It is still tender if I bump it, and the nail is weird, but it really looks pretty good.

Penny , posing with her favorite outdoor toy...a floppy frisbee. 
She loves to run and fetch. I think it is the retriever part of her make up.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.