Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Off and running!

I have been busy the last couple of days with customer quilts and QOVs. I am taking my time with the quilting, sitting and resting when my back starts hurting. It seems to be working, as I have put in the regular 8 hour day and still be able to walk!

Isn't this a beauty?! I have the pattern and fabrics all ready to go for my own version, but I have a couple of other quilts I'd like to do first.

The customer requested Baptist fan for the quilting.

The back is this lovely Stonehenge dark blue. Pretty, but it sure shows every stray thread! I used half of the sheets on my sticky roller getting off the threads!

QOV number one from a quilter in Florida.
Somebody felt she had to be in the picture...what a ham.

Panto: Simply stars

I don't like this stiff, wide back. I have had it from other QOV quilters, and it makes the quilt pretty inflexible and scratchy. I hope washing will soften it up.

Number two was much larger than the first one. I like the block used here.

Simply stars again.

Same horrible backing!

This Quilty was made from a top the customer had in storage. Her Grandma made it, and it has some stains that I will work on once I have it finished. I'll show you how it tuned out later.

I custom quilted it with simple quilting, carefully avoiding the Sunbonnet girls. I did quilt around their hats, arms and feet to keep them from being too baggy later.

Sweet backing. I sewed the binding down last night, and it is in the wash as I write this.

I am coming along on the stars quilt. Not much sewing done while quilting on two machines at once!
I'll be working on it a bit today before taking Penny for a fluff and buff over in Hiawassee. She stinks!









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.