Sunday, March 27, 2022

Last Sunday Funday of the month

 My plan for the day was to get something accomplished on the quilt I cut out yesterday. I'm happy to say, I got half of the blocks done and on the design wall! I need to make one more chain block and 13 more star blocks. So far, so good. Of course I'll move everything around for balance, but I wanted to slap them up and take a picture before rushing out the door at 6:00.

This pattern is from Cluck Cluck Sew. You can use 10" squares or fat quarters, but I made it from my stash, pulling small florals and a white on white background fabric.

I did quilt one customer project today, as well, but most of the day was dedicated to fun sewing. I want this customer to get her quilt back because to is a gift for a friend having a tough time medically. It has photos of their group of knitting friends, having fun together.

Here is the quilt. I haven't trimmed it yet...still running out the door.

The customer wanted invisible thread, but after several breaks and mounting frustration, I changed gears and used a neutral Bottom line thread on top and Magnaglide on the back. Almost invisible, and much stronger. You probably can't see the quilting, but it is a medium sized meander panto.

Hard to see on the back, too. I think she'll be okay with it.

On my run up to the house, I stopped briefly to snap a couple of 'Spring has sprung' pictures. Penny was pulling me, but they are good enough.

We were sure the forsythia was a goner when it only had a few blooms last year. Mr Wazoo fed it, pruned it back and talked nicely to it, and voila! Blooms came on this year's wood. I hope it survives.

Every year we fight about the lilacs. I only have two, and he didn't want those. I think he is secretly trying to kill them, but I won't let them die. I'm from Wisconsin, where lilacs are giant bushes, full of beautifully fragrant blooms in the Spring and early Summer. I think I'd have to say, they are my second favorite flower after lillies of the valley. Mr W gave in and planted some lilly of the valley pips a few years ago along the side of the house, and they are multiplying nicely. When they bloom this year, I'll show you where they live.
I have to quit now. I ran out the door and up to the house in anticipation of the steak dinner Mr W is cooking on the grill! Potatoes are cooking and there are Brussel sprouts roasting in the air fryer. This has been a truly fun-day!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.