Thursday, March 31, 2022

A quiet studio day

 I had a fine day in the studio. I appliquéd a patch over the small spot that wouldn't come out of the Sunbonnet Sue quilt no matter what I tried. The quilt was all finished and I had only to apply the small patch, spritz it with water, and use the hair dryer to dry it to match the rest of the quilt. The quilt is soft and looks like Granny finished it yesterday. ( well, somebody's Granny finished it yesterday! Ha!!)

Quilting done, un-washed

Here is the sash with the spot before I washed the quilt. The other two spots on the muslin are lighter now, but didn't come out totally, either. Win some, lose some.



After a good washing, the quilt looks bright and pretty

I appliquéd a piece over the second lower feather.

The same customer brought this cute quilt for her young relative...granddaughter or niece, I forget. I bet the little girl will love this quilt!

A herd of friendly llamas!

Panto: African Samba

The back was pieced, with a big frame that I centered to the quilt top.

Yesterday we took Penny for her fluff and buff in Hiawassee and while we waited, we visited a local farm market. Outside, they had all sorts of plants and flowers. It's too early to plant new ones yet, but Mr Wazoo enjoyed poking around and dreaming of digging holes. I went inside where there was a huge assortment of fresh vegetables and home preserves. (I was so excited, I forgot to get a picture!) I picked out a bunch of new potatoes and some fresh green beans to go with our dinner, as well as all the fixin's for pico de gallo. I also snagged a tomato as big as a softball for Mr W to have in his lunch sandwiches. Yum!

The man and his friends...

My friend Judy stopped by today to drop off a quilt for me to do, and she brought her 9 month old mini-sheepadoodle, Isabel (Izzy) with her. Penny and Izzy ran around jumping and snorting in the garage for over a half an hour. They had such fun! By the time Judy had to go, they both were laying nose to nose on the cool floor with their tongues out. Next time they come, we will take them in the yard for a proper run, and I'll get some pictures. We had a wild rain and wind event overnight, and the yard was too muddy for my clean and fresh smelling pup to entertain in today. I'm so happy to find a new friend for Miss Penny.
I finished another two stars for my floral quilt and loaded a custom quilt that a friend made for me as a gift. I'll show it to you when I get more of it quilted. See you tomorrow!






 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.