Sunday, April 3, 2022

Here comes another Sunday-Funday!

 Guess what? I finished the stars top and hope to have it quilted today! I bought backing in Cleveland, GA off the sale rack, and have the quilt loaded and ready to go. Hopefully, I'll be able to post pictures tomorrow. Meanwhile, I have made progress quilting the custom job, one row at a time, then a big rest. It's not a big quilt, but takes more time because of my back pain.

I am enjoying the journey with this pretty little quilt. I am also enjoying my last go-round with Big Gammill. I intend to sell its soon.

The other quilt done yesterday was this Autumnal paper pieced project. The quilting rolled along while I sewed the blocks and rows of my starry quilt.

The customer took a paper piecing class, and this pattern and fabric kit was a door prize for a lucky student. The person who won it said she would never make the project and gave it to my customer. What a lucky day for her!

Panto: Forest Floor, using Glide thread in the color Sand.

I smiled when I loaded this backing. It had a remnant of a sticker on it from Ben Franklin! I had the same fabric in my stash and probably bought it many, many years ago at then now defunct store. I remember buying Thimbleberry fabrics there and making placemats that we still use today!

Last night, I spent a few hours on the computer planning a May trip to Wisconsin to visit my family. I haven't seen my little grandson since Christmas 2019...the year Mr Wazoo had a stroke right before the big day. This picture was taken at the hospital on Christmas Day. Mr W recovered, but it was a dreadful time I will always remember. Little Dechen told me he doesn't remember being at my house. I certainly hope Covid  is a memory by Christmas 2022.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.