Monday, April 4, 2022

Custom quilting and a finish

 The floral stars and chain quilt is finished! I quilted it yesterday, put on the binding and spent last night watching the Grammys while doing the hand sewing. I really like this quilt!

All done and dusted!

The panto is pretty flowers and dragonflies. I don't recall the name of the panto.

The backing was a sale rack find! The binding is a small green and white gingham fabric. (not seen here)

I worked on the small custom quilt most of the day and am now doing the borders. The top border is done, and this is as far as I got on the side borders. I'm not marking anything, but just quilting whatever I feel like and having fun. More today!

Left side border. Feathers, flowers and piano keys.

The center of the quilt is done. This is the treatment in both types of blocks, and the inner border.

Right side border. Smaller motifs get the pebbles-in-a-circle treatment I used on the blocks. More feathers, flowers and piano keys, too.

After work, Penny and I took a walk-around to see what's coming up in Mr W's gardens. 

I'm excited to see the Lilly of the valley shoots along the side of the house.

Peonies are also making a start. Their life is fleeting when they bloom, but oh so beautiful.

The lilac bush struggles, but it will have a few clusters of blooms.

I'd better get busy and go to the studio. Tomorrow I'm off to Gainsville again for the new round of diagnostic injections in my back. These will take the shot total to 24. When they are finished, I will have had 30 injections!! It hurts like the dickens getting the shots, but the pain is brief, and I can persevere to get to the final result...no back pain. I have to believe this treatment is going to work.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.