Sunday, September 27, 2020

Sunday, fun day

It may not look like it, but I worked really hard yesterday. The quilt that was up to bat had a border problem on three sides, and a backing only 4 inches wider than the top. Every row with the wavy borders was a challenge, but by watching while it was being quilted, I was able to manipulate the fabric to keep from having tucks and pleats. The bottom border was the worst. I figure it had three inches too much fabric and had been eased  onto the quilt center to accommodate that fullness. No amount of manipulation would fix it, so I di the dreaded fix of adding faux seams in two places. Even with all the pressing and moving the fabric with my hands as the machine moved along, I still got one pleat. I sewed it down in the end. Finally done, and fairly flat and square, I felt good about my job.

It is a pretty quilt in my favorite lime green colors.84 x 90" 

The backing was this swirly batik

Here is one of the 'seams' I added to get the border under control.

The pleat is in the center circle of the flower



I hid the other faux seam in the actual seam!

I was able to work on the repair quilt in fits and starts while quilting the green quilt. Most of the repair pieces are made and pinned to the quilt, and it is ready for the marathon of hand sewing. I'll check in during the repair and let you see where I am in the process,
Now, its time for Sunday- funday! Pouring rain again assures me of a wonderful day in the studio.

All the bits are sewn and pinned on, ready for hand sewing.Looking good!


                                                              


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.