Monday, August 26, 2019

Another top finished, new plants in, and an anniversary

What a beautiful day we had yesterday! A cold front came through and wiped out the humidity and dropped the temperature. We had the windows open and really enjoyed the fresh air and brisk breeze.
I continued quilting the big lime and blue quilt, and finished it Sunday afternoon. Meanwhile, I also finished the applique sewing on the big chicken. It is now in my show quilt queue.

When I started this quilt, I thought it would be easy to make. Boy, was I wrong! The applique pieces are tiny and were equally difficult to fit and sew in place. Not one of my best jobs, but it is ready for quilting.

Close up of his face

The big customer pinwheel quilt is done, and ready to go home.

I can't remember the name of the panto, but it features flowers and swirly stuff. It was a real thread eater! 7 bobbins of Bottom Line with So Fine on top.

The pinwheels and sashing are lime green, but come off as yellow in the pictures. The thread is also lime green on the blue Grunge backing.
Late yesterday, I noticed more blood on Molly's side. I examined her, and it is another cyst that popped on her other side! Yikes! We corralled her and cleaned up the wound, leaving it open to the air like the first one. We go back to the vet on Thursday, and will see what he says. I hope the other cysts don't explode, too! What a mess. She's being a trooper as far as the collar goes.

Poor baby.
Mr Wazoo put in the plants he bought over the weekend, and had a fun day out in the yard. The cool weather was a perk, to be sure.

In the foreground, the red and yellow Tickseed plant, and  behind it, the new butterfly bush with white flower clusters. It is directly in front of the purple butterfly bush that always has colorful winged visitors.

The new evergreen shrub went into the back rock garden. The plants  there are low maintenance because of the steepness of the site.
Finally, it is our 37th anniversary today. Mr W has a dentist appointment and I will be in the studio sewing down the running chickens. The excitement never ends here at Wazoo.

A studio selfie. Mr W showing off his new hearing aids.

Vacation selfie at Crater Lake in Oregon. We still haven't gotten the hang of selfies, but we do know how to have fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.