Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Another wonderful guild day

Today began with the anticipated Button Society talk from Crocia Roberson and her sister Sallie Swor from the Tennessee Button Society. Crocia told us about the history and evolution of buttons over the centuries while Sallie handled the presentation of the button cards, or trays, as they are properly called.
I never knew buttons were so significant in the history of clothing and decoration! I just knew I loved buttons. We'll have to see where the nearest button club is to Blairsville. When I got home, I dumped out my biggest tin and sorted out anything that was out of the ordinary.

Crocia, seated, and Sallie.

The members could examine the buttons closely after Crocia's talk.

The sisters answered question from curious members.

Crocia is so charming, I'm glad she came.
Once at home, I took the photos of the quilt I finished for a customer yesterday. Mr Wazoo quilted a tee shirt quilt today, and we photographed that, as well. 

A tee shirt quilt made by a customer for her firefighter son.

We chose the panto Hot Rod, because it looks like flames.

Bright buffalo checks on the back

This quilt is only the second one my customer has made. She did a pretty good job, although some corners and points are cut off. It was flat and square and a joy to quilt.

Digital panto: Climbing Rose

Pretty swirly backing print.
Loads of work to do tomorrow when I get home from my AM doctor check up. Ugh... I'm still fat and out of shape. I hate the lecture...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.