Thursday, August 29, 2019

Last flimsy finished!!

I finished the chicken run flimsy yesterday after a marathon doctor appointment in the morning. I figured it was going to be a ten minute follow up appointment, but was informed it was time for my "Medicare check up". Oh my!! I had a walking test (easy), eye test (still easy), physical (still fat), and then the dreaded mental acuity test. ha ha ha! Everyone who knows me knows I have an aversion to numbers and math of any kind. The first test was a math test. You have $100, you buy two items, one for $3 and one for $20. How much did you spend? Well, duh, $23. How much change did you get? I actually said, "I have no idea, but I trust it was the correct amount." The girl smiled and said she needed a numerical answer. I was thinking about it and doing math in my head when she says, "do you need paper and pencil?" OMG! Well, I finally passed the test and was flabbergasted that I could actually repeat lists of numbers backwards. (I know!! What is that about?) The memory stuff was a breeze, and even though I will not say 45's name out loud, she accepted my answer of 45, that jackass, as an answer. Blood draw today, and now, I am back at work.

Chicken Run is ready for quilting

It took over two hours just to stitch around the twenty sets of feet!!
OW! They have my blood and my advance directives. I'm ready for anything.
I quilted a QOV while doing the chickens, and have another one to do today while I quilt the Moon Over Misty Mountain project. Mr Wazoo also quilted, and I am so proud of him for doing this very wonky, vintage quilt without any loud outbursts of frustration. I have to add the binding and give it a wash before it goes home.

This is a pretty and scrappy QOV!

I used the digital panto: Double diamond

Little flags on the back

Mr W did Sunbonnet Sue (with weird arms!)

Panto: Paper Chase

I picked this little calico for the backing. Red polka dots will be the binding.

The moon quilt is loaded and ready for quilting. I'm using  a double layer of Hobbs black 80/20, hoping it will add the stiffness needed to keep it round when hanging. We'll see.
These are only a few of the threads I used for the triangle quilt and chicken run. Putting everything away is the next task.
I better get in the studio and start working!! The day is slipping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.