Sunday, August 25, 2019

Just a short post

Yesterday, my two friends and I journeyed to rural Hayesville, NC to Lewis Nursery and picked out a Japanese maple for Mr Wazoo. The girls wanted to do something for him to honor his mother's passing, and I needed to get him an appropriate birthday gift for the big 75.
Mr W and I went to the nursery to pick up his tree this morning. And four other plants...
The place is beautiful, with wide paths through all sorts of potted trees and plants

This had to be the biggest Hydrangea bush I have ever seen! The owner said it is about 40 years old!

Same for this crepe myrtle...40 years of growth has made it a giant!!

Back at home, Mr W dug a huge hole and planted his new tree.

Give it 40 years and it ill be big and beautiful!
We would have gone to get the tree yesterday, but we had an emergency with Molly. One of her age related cysts was infected and burst, creating a bloody mess on her side. We rushed her off to the vet and she is on antibiotics and pain meds for a while. She also has the cutting edge accessory for dogs, the inflatable collar. Much nicer than the old fashioned cone, and she doesn't mind having it on.

I think it could double as a swimming floatie...
or a neck pillow for those long airplane rides.

I worked on sewing down the applique pieces on the big chicken quilt. Tedious and slow. Invisible thread is not my friend.


Today, on From My Carolina Home blog, Carole had a great post about backing prep for your longarmer. It is a good read for you quilters who use longarmers for your quilting needs. Give it a read! https://frommycarolinahome.com/2019/08/23/dealing-with-quilt-issues/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.