Sunday, April 12, 2020

A good day for quilting

I spent the better part of the day in the studio quilting and sewing. Time passed quickly and I had a fruitful day. The flannel quilt top is done and is bigger than I thought it would be. It figures I would get it done just in time for warm weather! We'll put it to good use in the Fall.

Ta Da! I'm happy to see it ready for quilting.

So you can see it really is big, this is the back view of the quilt draped over the table.
I loaded a customer quilt and it took most of the day to finish the quilting.

My friend made this bee quilt for her granddaughter.

She chose a bright yellow variegated thread and this Honeycomb panto.

The quilting shows nicely on the teal backing.

At the tail end of the day, when I had turned off the lights and was getting ready to lock up, I looked back and had to take another picture of how nice the quilt came out.
While I quilted the bee quilt, I sewed another pile of 2-3-2-6 orphans together into a charity lap quilt. I swear these blocks multiply when I'm not looking! I still have a huge pile of them to use in another quilt top. I am determined to use them up!!

This is what I came up with for the center.

I auditioned several color-on-black fabrics for a small border and settled on this funky snail print.
I'll get the borders sewn on tomorrow.
I shot a few more garden pictures on the way up, and had to marvel at how changed they were from just one day ago!



More of the iris have opened, and there are many more to come!

They remind me of my grandma's garden.

The lilacs are also getting bigger. Their aroma is heady and wonderful.

The honeysuckle is blooming, too.

I thought this French lilac was doomed, but it perked up and will have some lovely flowers soon.
The weatherman says we are going to have heavy rain, high winds and possible tornadoes tomorrow. That will surely do some damage to the flowers and trees, so I'm glad I took pictures today. Poor Mr Wazoo spent the entire day outside planting and weeding. Let's hope the worst of the weather goes around us.
I promised him a turkey dinner when he got over his stroke, and tomorrow is the day. We didn't have the Christmas turkey this year. We had a spaghetti dinner instead, but had a wonderful Christmas all together. I'm not doing the whole shebang...just turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy and a couple of vegs. We'll be eating turkey for a few days and still have some to freeze for later.
You all have a happy Easter, and stay safe. Call the family and share the love.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.