Saturday, April 18, 2020

Beautiful day...stormy night

Yesterday was absolutely beautiful! I had to drive through the pharmacy for my prescription, so I enjoyed the ride with the windows down. The drive from town to our house is a very pleasant one, with old farmsteads and green farm fields. The pasture with the three horses is always my favorite, and yesterday, I caught the big draft horse taking a rest. The dogwood trees by the edges of the fields look lacy and pretty amid the green budding trees.

This pasture is my favorite. The horses are always there, grazing or resting.

The small mountain we live on is outside this picture to the right. You can just see where it is beginning its elevational rise here.
I usually pass through the yard on the way to the studio to see what is blooming and enjoy the fresh air. The iris are at their peak and looking marvelous. Mr Wazoo loves pink and purple flowers, so the French lilac is a favorite, too.

Iris

French lilacs. They have more delicate flowers, but are bursting with wonderful fragrance.
In the studio, I finished the spiderweb top. Deja vu with the selection for the border. I auditioned several colorful fabrics for the big border, but decided the same fabric I used on the back of the orphan block quilt was the perfect choice. I have it loaded and will quilt it today.

It turned out to be a generous lap size quilt.

I love this border fabric. It came from Connecting thread a couple of years ago.
Millie chugged away on customer quilts while I sewed, and I finished the quilting on these two projects.
This is for the customer's husband, who must be an outdoorsman. The fabric selections are masculine and quietly colorful.

She chose Woven Wind (my favorite panto!) for her quilting.

Soft flannel fish and pine patterns on the pieced back.

This panel of unicorns is for a little girl.

Panto: Frolic, done in a soft lavender thread.

Unicorns on the back, too!
I don't think I posted this sweet quilt made for a granddaughter. The customer hand appliqué her fussy cut pink fabrics to make the pretty hexagon flowers. I hope the recipient appreciates the time and effort that went into making this quilt. It is beautiful.
My favorite is this bunny block.

Owls

Cats

The little girl favotie, unicorns.

Flowers

More flowers.

Here is the finished quilt. The sashing is strip pieced  from all the flower fabrics.

Panto: Butterfly Swirl.
We had a loud storm pass through during the night. Poor old Molly trembled and changed position on the bed every time there was a big thunder clap. Thankfully, it is shaping up to be another beautiful day today, so I will end this and get to work!

I'll leave you with this COVID 19 message, made by someone with a big library and oodles of time on their hands! Click on the picture to be able to read the titles.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.