Thursday, April 30, 2020

More rain...more quilts.


Its been a couple of days since I last posted, and we have been very busy. Mr Wazoo did yard work yesterday, and I quilted in the studio. I had the door open to hear the wind chimes and birdsong, and to get the fresh breeze from outside. Today, we stayed in while it poured rain most of the day and long into the evening. Here's what can be accomplished when you can't go outside.

I snapped some pics of Molly and her 'stash' before going to the studio this morning. 

She gets out her favorite toys and lines them up in the middle of the floor.

Then she guards them until one of her humans decides to play fetch with her.
I finished this drop shadow quilt. It has some really nice floral prints showcased in the blocks.
Panto: Splat
A beautiful teal batik on the back.

First quilt to show you is my Quarantine quilt from Gudrun Erdle. I made it over the weekend and got it quilted at the end of the day Tuesday.

Gosh, I can't remember the name of the panto. Something Retro, or Retro something.

I got this funky fabric somewhere on a shop hop. It even has Covid virus look alike motif.

My label for posterity.

I got this quilt yesterday. The maker wants it ASAP to send to an ailing cousin.

Panto: Frolic


Mr W did this large batik scrap quilt. Love the colors.

Panto: Retro Leaves


I have been commissioned to make a bed runner for a customer using he grandma's hand made doilies. I soaked the doilies in Oxyclean before washing and starching them. I have been auditioning them on the background I chose to fit her request for blue.

The last hour of the3 day, I threw together another 2-3-2-6 charity quilt and  quilted it this morning. I just finished adding binding from the bones fabric, and have it all ready to give away.

I got the fabrics on a shop hop.

Aren't they cute?!

I quilted the bed runner background, and will attach the doilies tomorrow. (Molly demonstrated her yoga moves while I snapped the pictures.)

It looks beautiful with the panto, Feather Flourish.

You can see it better on the back.

While the quilting was being done, I cut out and assembled the bits for a BQ2 quilt.
What fun I had today, and what an array of things were accomplished. Thank goodness for the deluge that never 
seems to end.

After supper, Molly crawled under the pillows on the sofa and took a snooze in preparation for more sleep in a couple of hours. What a nut.
I am done for the day and off to dream a little dream of quilting.
Good night!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.