Sunday, April 26, 2020

More fun on a Sunday afternoon

We had a leisurely breakfast of French toast and bacon before going to the studio and quilting. Mr Wazoo finished his quilt from yesterday, and I loaded my next one on Millie. It is another very big project, and will easily take me two days to finish.

The customer made this with donated orphan blocks. It turned out to be a nice quilt!
Good job, Mr W!

Panto: Featherize

Wild green backing

I'm quilting this huge BQ5.
The garden was fine today after the heavy rain yesterday. Molly and I took a spin around the 'grounds' before settling in to work.

One of the red rose bushes is loaded with blooms

So fresh and pretty

The yellow roses are a bit shy. Only one has begun to open

Mr W's rock garden from the driveway
I worked on my next quilting project, the quarantine sew along from Gudrun Erla. I meant to sew along, but got sidetracked and sewed alone. I made a big mess getting my fabrics together and cut, then made all the blocks and trimmed them. Before leaving the studio, I had all the columns together. I'll sew the rows together tomorrow after a bit of tweaking. It was a fun project!

In the beginning it always looks so tidy...

Then this happens!!

The pattern is called Elvira, and is free.

It was cold outside, and even a bit chilly inside; so we lit the fire and had a  cozy evening in.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.