Friday, May 1, 2020

The sun came out and so did Mr Wazoo


Today was a lovely , cool, sunny day.Mr Wazoo spent his time repairing the damage to the lawn from the torrential rains of the last two days. I worked in the studio, happy to see him where he is most content.
To bring you up to speed, yesterday I quilted two quilts for a favorite customer, who always gives me well made quilts with generous sized backs. The first is made with a panel in the center, to be a window covering in their RV. The next, an exciting combination of purples and oranges to make stylized butterflies.

The quilt features a serene outdoor canoeing scene.

Panto: Rounded squares

Dark, speckled back.

I like these bright, strippy butterflies

Panto: Fanciful Flyers

Dark, leafy back.
Mr W quilted this lively quilt, and finished it in time for the evening news last night.

The quilter effectively used nice, earthy tones for this project.

Panto: Wind and water

Gorgeous backing, too.
I started today with my BQ2 quilt. I loaded it and quilted it while sewing down the doilies to the bed runner. Both projects took the lion's share of my day. I finished the bed runner this evening, sewing the binding by hand. It turned out just like what the customer drew in her sketch.

Mr Wazoo said this should have been my Corona Virus quilt because the pattern looks like the virus!

Panto: Pinwheel #1-60 degrees

I happened to have enough of this berry fabric for the backing. 

It's hard to take a photo of this bed runner. It is 100 inches long by 21 inches tall.  Part of it will always be out of the shot. I finished hand sewing the binding while watching The Roosevelts on PBS. Who is that photobombing?!

I used bottom line thread and a small zig zag to sew the doilies down. It took some gymnastics to continue turning the whole big blue to do the circles. Every doily is sewn in at least three turns, decreasing in size as I got closer to the middle. They are on to stay!!
Molly is showing off her downward facing dog again...
After work, we had a simple supper of beanie-weenie with bacon and onions, cornbread and mixed collard and turnip greens. Nobody can say we aren't classy!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.