Tuesday, May 5, 2020

The Slatons step out

We finally left the homestead and took a drive to Hiawassee. Mr Wazoo wanted to go to the nursery there and get a few plants. I haven't been out for a couple of weeks, so I went along. Sunday morning was  glorious, and I took  full advantage by rolling the window down for the journey. My spirits revived, I set to work as soon as we got home.

Remember the hexagon quilt that was so mind blowing? Well...I have two more from the same customer to show you. Each as wonderful as the first one.

For this one, I chose the panto: Splat.

Here is the back

Prepare for eye candy!! Every block of the next quilt is fussy cut. The fabrics are adorable!!

Bicycles riding in a circle

A gang of foxes watching two bunnies. Yikes!

Yellow flowers in a pretty green field

Wily cats keeping a eye on the mice.

Some golden mice

Elephants

Silly mice

Spouting whales

My favorite...a flock of sheep

Sheep you can count when going to sleep

A celebration

All in one beautiful quilt. Well done!!

Butterfly swirl was requested for the panto.

Bright and cheerful. What child wouldn't love this?
Mr W worked in the yard while I was busy in the studio, and planted many of his new plants.

We finally planted our Mexican pot. It is one of the rustic type instead of the colorful ones.

The sun was low and Mr Wazoo ran out of gas with his planting spree. These will have to wait!

A view from the top.

Late day blue sky. With the trees leafed out, it is harder to see Epp Mountain.

More bearded iris have bloomed!

I bought this head planter in Wisconsin. I'm happy to see her with some 'hair'.
Golly, if you can stand some more pictures, I'll show you what's new! I went to bed in between posts, so now, I have more work done to show you.

I finally finished the custom quilt I have been struggling with for a week or more.


The center of the quilt was done with the pantograph Splat. The borders were done freehand.

A bit of quilting on the leaves and flowers, plus piano keys and some feathers.












My attempt at mimicking there appliqué wasn't at all perfect, but it served it's purpose.
I like to use what's already in the quilt as inspiration for the quilting.


The tiny inner border got simple leaves.





This scrap quilt was the next on the list, and took nearly two days because of its giant size.
You really get an idea how big this is when looked at from the side.
Panto: Flower Power
Light backing.
This little baby quilt was the next on the machine, and it was fun to do. The  animals are just so cute!
Panto: Wandering Daisies
Coordinated backing.
I quilted this while cutting out a tee shirt quilt for a customer. I'll be working on that tomorrow.
It is a lovely stack and whack. The fabric is so beautiful and peaceful looking.

Panto: Chantilly
My next personal project involves these 57 fabrics. I feel like making something sweet and cheerful. With the pandemic dragging on, I am somewhat depressed and need a mood lift. This may do it.
All cut and ready to go! It took a half an hour to clean up the mess I made while cutting!!
I quit today with this quilt half done. I had to get the lasagna in the oven. It takes an hour to bake,  but it is so worth it!
Well, that's enough for today. Whew! That was a load of pictures. I hope it wasn't too discombobulated to follow. I hope to keep up with posting and not let so much time pass before showing you all what I'm up to. Life hurries on, but I feel as if I am swimming in mud. I hope everyone is exercising patience and common sense and not rushing out to crowded places. We need to ride this out and keep isolating at home until it is safe.  Thank you for being out there and interested in quilting.









1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.