Friday, May 8, 2020

I'm thankful for quilting!

I know I said I would post regularly, but the time gets away from me and I missed a day. Many quilts are being done, and customers are home making more. I will be busy for a long time. Thank you for sewing and quilting during the pandemic, because it allows me to continue my business where many others are struggling to make ends meet. I am truly grateful for quilters.
Here are a few  pics of what happened yesterday.

This the third of the 1970s quilts from one customer. The use of the sunflower focus fabric with the supporting players is quite effective.

Panto: Borneo

 
The gold thread I chose shows up well on the dark brown backing.

I worked all day to finish the tee shirt quilt. I think it looks really nice.  The binding is on and I did the hand sewing last night while watching stand up comedians on Netflix. If you have Netflix, the new Jerry Seinfeld 23 hours to kill, is clever and funny. John Mulaney is also hilarious, even though he does swear at times. Neither use gross topics, and both use their personal observation to make us laugh. We all need a laugh right now.

Panto: Rounded squares

I had this gray patterned wide backing in my stash for the back.

This little quilt is the first attempt to make a quilt by a new customer. She did a good job with the piecing, but I am having to do some quilting gymnastics to get it finished. First, she cut the backing the exact size of the top. I picked another fabric for the back and used it. The quilting has been a bit tricky because the top and batting are also the same size. I think it will be nice in the end, though. I cut her binding strips down from 3" to 2 1/4" and re-sewed them with miters instead of straight seams. I should have it bound and ready to go out the door tomorrow
Today, I will be constructing the second tee shirt quilt for the same customer. It will be a good sized lap quilt. My intention is to reverse the color palette for the sashing and borders to change it up a bit. Pressing all the stabilizer to the shirts is the tedious part, but it moves along quickly from there. I'm excited to get going!
One of my quilting friends discovered a website called Jigsaw Planet and emailed  thinking one of the contributors was me! I went to the site, where you can make puzzles for free, and looked it over. Well, I'm hooked. There are puzzles for all levels of ease, from kiddie ones to beautiful pictures with loads of pieces. They are fun to do and I worked a couple of them a few nights ago in the evening. I joined (free) and opened an account, putting some of my quilts on there as puzzles. I also put pictures of Molly as kid puzzles and some of Mr Wazoo's flowers as pretty puzzles. Here are a few of the pictures I haven't uploaded yet, but I think would be fun to work as puzzles. 
Enjoy the pictures, and check out the site if you like doing puzzles, or just like looking at pretty pictures.

Some of my quilts, stacked in the bathroom of the studio

Another stack of quilts

Oriental and brights fabric  on the shelf

Blue fabric

My favorite color!

Stripe and dots

Plaids

quilt books on the shelf

More titles

Thread

Items on top of the bookshelf
I'll be busy today, but giddy with anticipation for my Wisconsin friend who is breaking up her journey from Florida to Wisconsin with a stop at Wazoo. We have been friends since High school, and I can't wait to see her again in person, even if we will be 6 feet apart. 
Take care and quilt on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.