Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day in my happy place

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who have kids of your own. One of mine sent me these beautiful flowers. I also had some texts, phone calls, videos and a face time. Technology sure is wonderful when we can't be together!


My high school girlfriend left this morning after a 24 hour friend-fest and speed tour of the area. She arrived from Florida and stayed just two nights before leaving early this morning for her home in Wisconsin. We had a good time driving around my neck of the woods and sharing the mountain views.
Two geezers trying to do a selfie on top of Blood Mountain
(Don't get excited...our masks were taken off for this picture and then quickly replaced)
Mr Wazoo stayed home while we galavanted around in the car, doing his work like a stellar employee.

This customer took my class, Cat Stairway to Heaven, and made this lovely version of the quilt.

Mr W used the panto: Cat paws to do the quilting

The backing is a pretty hot pink batik.

This is the fourth and last of the 1970s quilts. The customer will come tomorrow to pick them up. I hope she likes them as much as I do! I'm happy she had them quilted instead of packing them back in a box for another 50 years!

Panto: Adore

Here is the dark green back. Looks great!

Next, I quilted this cheerful quilt. The customer is one of the happiest people I know, so it seems perfect for her to have made this quilt.

I don't remember the name of the panto. I haven't used it before. The design is a pretty flower and some loops.

The backing is just as wonderful as the top.

While Millie did her job on the flowery quilt, I put together the lap sized tee shirt quilt. I finished the top and will get it quilted tomorrow after I get the last project from today off the machine.
We're keeping up fairly well, but the quilts are rolling in at a breakneck pace. I'm grateful people are staying home and making quilt tops, but starting to panic at the length of the queue on the 'waiting' rack.

I'm almost done with this attic window quilt. One row more and I'll be done. It was after 6pm and I decided it was time to get supper around and enjoy some down time on Mother's Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.