Thursday, May 14, 2020

Moving on

Whew! I just finished the hand sewing of the giant quilt's binding. I did a marathon session last night from 7:00 until midnight, and from 6:30 until 8:30 this morning. It is done!! Yesterday, you may remember, I had a machine malfunction and spent some quality time picking. Later on, the bobbin tension went awry and I had to pick out about half a row. There was a tiny piece of lint caught in the pigtail of the bobbin case, and the thread had no tension on it. The top looked okay, but the back was a mess. I didn't know it until I advanced the quilt. Two hours of picking later....done with the quilting.
I made and applied the binding, and took the quilt upstairs to do the hand work.

Here it is, folded in half and ready to have the binding sewn down

Panto: Splat

I love this fabric for the back. I'd put it on the bed back side up!! ha ha
The next quilt went along without incident, and is ready to go home.

Pretty collection of fabrics showcased with a drop shadow block.

Panto: Dragonflies

Dark backing really shows off the quilting pattern.
I finished up the stacks of strip sets for my next quilt, and loaded the quilt I'll be doing first today. I also cut out the pieces for three masks for my daughter, who requested some fun fabrics for them.


Fun masks

Next quilt ready for stitching!

Beaucoup strip sets ready for cutting.
DIL and grandson doing Tai Chi outside. I think he's enjoying it a bit too much!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.