Thursday, April 9, 2020

More masks!!

Yesterday was a bit gray and drippy, so I stayed in and made more masks. I'm plugging along on there customer quilts, too, and feel like it is almost business as usual in the studio. Too bad it isn't business as usual in the United States. On Tuesday, my Wisconsin friends had to stand in long lines during this pandemic to exercise their right to vote. It is a new kind of insanity in our government right now.
Last night, Mr Wazoo and I watched the sky at 8:35 to see the space  station pass over the house. At least they don't have to worry about getting Covid 19.
Our  old neighbor called yesterday from Wisconsin. They need some masks for their family. The good news is they are going to be first time grandparents in August! I'm really happy for them all.
Staged parts ready for assembly
Chain sewing makes the task move faster


The pile of tee shirt strips for the ties

And the finished product, 20 more masks. That's the pattern I am using next to the masks. It has taken a beating over the last week!

Ready to wear!
I finished the last of my sister's quilts, and sent them off in time for her birthday. Happy Birthday, Anne!!

I think this is a wonderful use of ombre fabrics. It is so colorful and happy!

Panto: African Samba

This pineapple fabric sets it off perfectly!
My next customer made two quilts from a collection of ethnic fabrics. Both are colorful and exciting. I love being able to see all these fabrics together while I quilt.

This stack and whack example is beautiful and full of energy. 

The fabrics give the illusion of a spinning motion. I used the panto: African Samba again, but see how different it looks on this quilt, with variegated thread!

This is the backing she chose.

The second quilt used the fabrics in a delectable mountain block set like saw blades. The purple inner border pops, and sets apart the blades. A few of them escape into the outer border, taking the interest  right out to the edge of the quilt. I love it!

Panto: African Storm

It's hard to see, but the thread on the back is the same color purple as the inner border. Set on the black backing, it looks quite dynamic.
After I finished work for the day, I took my walk around the yard to see what happened while I was toiling inside. All of the hard work Mr W puts into the yard is showing in the way the trees, flowers and shrubs are bursting with Spring color.

We planted this small pink dogwood tree two years ago, and this is the best it has ever bloomed!

The flowers are so delicate and pretty.

We also planted this flame azalea two years ago. It gets more blooms every year!

The dogwood next to the driveway has fully bloomed too, and is beautiful.

I think the dogwood trees are the best thing about living in the south.

The iris are slow to open, but are coming on.

Mr Wazoo loves pink and purple flowers best, so you can catch the theme of his garden  on every side of the yard.

The assortment of potted pansies are blooming a last hurrah. They will fade when the weather warms up.

More purple...
We stay in touch with our kids and grandkids with the app, Marco. My son sent this little video of how my grandson uses some of the pent up energy he has from being trapped in the house. Don't you wish you had this kind of exuberance? I sure do!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.