Monday, May 18, 2020

Gardens and quilting

I can't help it...our yard is so beautiful, I need to share it with you. Thanks to Mr Wazoo's hard work, we have a garden spot to live in and enjoy. All the plants are waking up and showing off. Here is my walk to work.

Molly and I walk down the slate path  to get to the studio.

At the bottom of the path, the raccoon peeks out of the plantings.

Just outside the studio is the front rock garden. Mr W has mostly low maintenance plants and shrubs that offer a wide spectrum of colors.

The mountain laurel is blooming, and the little pink buds look like kisses.

Sage, peonies and roses perfume the air.

We had a light morning rain, and the flowers are all dewey and bright.

Butterfly bush, foxglove and coral bells mingle together.

Scultellaria.
The house looks different without the barn quilt. I wish we could find someone brave enough to put the new one up there...

It looks a bit naked.
In the studio, things were humming. I had a lot to do and kept busy with sewing and quilting all weekend and today. The big 50s quilt is done and will go home tomorrow. I also finished the last of the Texas quilts. They were mailed today. My military daughter requested 3 black face masks for next weekend, so I made them and sent them off without taking any pictures. It was a quick project, and Mr W took them to the Post Office as soon as I finished them!
Here's what else I accomplished!

The last of my sister's charity quilts; another pastel beauty.

I used this pretty flower panto, whose name I can't recall.

This backing fabric is so soft...and it is the Joann Fabric brand!

Our friend, Nancy, made this exciting aboriginal quilt.

Swirls and pebbles Panto.

The fabrics are all interesting and so colorful!

This customer quilt is humble lap size, but is a wonderful example of how good homespuns can be en masse. The earthy colors compliment each other.

I used the same wave pattern for the quilting on my plaid quilt. I think it gives movement to a very basic design.

She had this beautiful batik on the back.
Over the weekend I worked on the Irish chain project, and finished construction of the center of the quilt. I have the small yellow inner border on, and am sewing strips together to make the piano key border I have planned. Maybe I'll get that done tomorrow.

Finished blocks on the design wall Sunday night.

Sewn top late Monday afternoon.

I'm putting all those extra strips to good use, opting for a piano key border rather than the appliqué one I originally planned. I hope to squeeze in the border construction tomorrow.
Right now, I am dead tired!! Molly has been getting me up at 6:00 AM and I have had a really long day. I hear my pillow calling...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.