Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Happy to feel normal!

The drops from the eye doctor have been therapeutic, and I am on the mend. My eyes are still red and a little itchy, but nothing like before. So I am back to the quilting, and having a great time.

I finished quilting the big quilt seen in the last post. The customer came to claim it, but decided she would like me to add the label and binding. It is for a wedding present, so she wants it to be nice. This is her first quilt.

The panto is watery, per her request.

I did a bit of instruction, too. She sent 3 yards of batik to back a 80 x 90 quilt. I added the other 3 yards from my stash and had a chat with her about backings and binding. I also gave her my handout about binding as well as my instructions for the 2-3-2-6 quilt for her to hone her skills with.

Moving on, the customer with the large hand embroidered custom quilt came, and also wanted binding applied! While she and her daughter went off to visit relatives in Hiawassee, I made and applied the binding. I sewed it down with the machine using invisible thread. It looked fine and she was very happy.
Meanwhile, I quilted two quilts for a fellow guild member. She makes the nicest quilts, all for her many family members. She finally made one for herself! I liked it so much, I think my next project should be a reproduction quilt.

She used a wide variety of reproduction prints and colors, all playing nicely with each other. She likes to trim her own quilts, so here you can see what a quilt looks like fresh off the machine.

She selected a feathery panto for the quilting.

A peek at the back.

The same customer's second quilt is for a Great-granddaughter. The brick and block pattern works well with the fun calicoes.

Panto: Frolic

Small, sweet calico on the back, too!

My friend, Audrey, came over yesterday and quilted another of her quilts on the little Gammill. Social distancing is easy when  she is in the man cave and I'm in the studio. I opened the door between the garage and studio to let some AC get in there, along with adding a fan at her feet. It got warmer and warmer as the day went on, and I assumed it was the intensely hot day outside. Nope...Mr Wazoo went to adjust the AC to a cooler temp and accidentally hit the wrong button, turning off the AC and turning on the heat!! By 6:00 I was sweltering, so I quit for the day. Imagine my surprise when I looked at the thermostat and saw 81 degrees in the little window! Sometimes you just have to shake your head in wonder.

Happy Audrey with her finished quilting job. 

Panto: Flower Festival. Good job, Audrey!

Our good friends in Wisconsin were blessed with their first grandchild over the weekend, so I threw together a baby quilt to send off to the new parents. I will make a nicer one when the grandson is a toddler, but I wanted to get something to them while the kid is still a baby!

Henry Oliver with Grandma and Grandpa

I had this panel in my stash, and added  the border to make it a nice newborn size.

Panto: Popcorn

This Buffalo check is perfect for a family who lives in the woodsy north of Wisconsin.

At the end of the day, I stopped to admire the butterflies who finally arrived here at Wazoo. Instead of visiting the butterfly bush, these were on the phlox! This pair was especially frisky and hard to get a good photo of. 

I hope you can spot both of the butterflies!

I took many pictures trying to get one with the wings open, but he was so excited, he fluttered the whole time!

We have some volunteers of Black-eyed Susans in the rock garden. Mr W and I like them so much, he went to the nursery and got a few more to add to the gardens.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.