Saturday, August 1, 2020

Beautiful finish and progress on another

I worked on the beautiful Christmas quilt yesterday for my customer in North Carolina. She requested the puffiest batting, so I chose Quilters Dream wool.It is puffy, but still drapeable and washable. I love how it turned out. Very elegant and will look stunning on her bed.

The pantograph, Paradise Feather, is a real thread eater, but it is so dense and lovely I knew it would look wonderful on this quilt.

The quilt is king sized, so there were a lot of rows to quilt. It took from 10:30 in the morning until 5:30 in the afternoon to quilt!

Isn't this beautiful!! All that background makes a real statement now.

Red backing. This backing was a bit stiff. I hope she has a plan for when she washes it the first time since it was not pre-washed. Bleeding on this quilt would be a disaster!!

While I quilted , I worked on making the remaining blocks for my shabby chic quilt. I worked all day and got the rest of the star blocks done, as well as all the half square triangles needed for the alternate blocks. I need to sew those and make more double four patches. This quilt is taking forever!! I am an impatient quilter...

Stars all done. HSTs waiting to be pressed and (ugh) trimmed.

I'm getting there...

Here are the fabrics I got while on my shopping expedition for the repair. Don't fret over their intensity. They will look fine in the end.





Outside, the hydrangea have started to turn this pretty pink. I can't get over how giant the blooms are this year!

Mr Wazoo mowed and trimmed yesterday before another rain shower. Those pesky septic tank bare spots are driving him crazy!!

The side garden is really full and colorful. This is my favorite peaceful walk...up the yard, smelling the perfume of all the flowers before fixing supper and contemplating what to do the next day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.