Sunday, July 26, 2020

Another problem slows down the quilting

I was back in the studio just one day. Friday, I woke up and my eyes were like big red golf balls with a slit just big enough to see out of. What the heck?! I called three different doctor's offices that were all closed on Friday. I guess the moral of this story is, don't get sick or need a doctor on a Friday! I found an Opthomologist in Blue Ridge who could fit me in, so off we went. Turns out, I have allergies that have plagued my eyes for weeks. I have been using over the counter drops to allay the itching, but did nothing for the infection that resulted from me rubbing the allergens into my eyes. No work done here on Friday. I took my new prescription drops and an oral antihistamine and sat it out. I have four different drops to instill at various times of the day, and two days later, it is a bit better. They still itch and are red, but less swollen and not draining anything funky. At least I could see! I quilted one project. Another has been loaded, but it is slow going. That's life!

This is a wedding gift for a couple who are both in the military. They requested the color combination, and the groom's grandma made the quilt.

I used my go-to military panto, Simply Stars, and a light gold thread.

The quilting shows nicely on the back.

This quilt is almost done. Two more rows to go.

I certainly hope this is the last of the health problems to rear it's ugly head! I'm ready for some healthy, happy days where all I potty about is having enough time to do some of my own quilting and sewing! 
On a side note: my Dad is in south Texas, right in the path of the hurricane. I called him yesterday and the few people who stay for the summer are riding out the storm in the RV park they live in. There is a shelter there if it gets bad, and my brother is next door to take Dad there. Thanks to the followers who have emailed to ask how he is. I appreciate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.