Thursday, July 23, 2020

Yee Hah! Back in the saddle.

After 24 hours, I am feeling myself again. Wow...note to self, don't eat something that has been in the fridge for over a week. I flooded myself with fluids and even took a break during the day to rest! Fortunately for me, I am better. Nothing stops the quilting machine that is Wazoo.
I am so happy to have the last of the custom jobs in the queue done. The embroidered quilt is beautiful and I'm excited for the customer to see it.

The customer made this years ago from a kit. I remember those catalogs with quilts similar to this one, and have had the privilege of quilting a few of them. This one is especially nice because of the care she took with the embroidery. The sashing are a bit off, but the focus will always be on the wreaths of hearts and flowers.

I followed the printed quilting lines as requested by the customer. From there, I filled in with my own feather, leaf and daisy quilting.

I'm usually not a fan of polyester batting, but in this case, it is appropriate to the kit's age and adds needed dimension to the quilt. I like it very much.

The backing is a little thin for my taste, but shows the quilting nicely. Overall, this is a lovely quilt.

The customer with the three too small backs came while I was resting, so Mr Wazoo handled the transaction. Rats! She dodged the bullet of my lecture on making the backing big enough to load and quilt comfortably. Next time...
The only other quilt finished yesterday was this princess one, replete with glittery borders and fabrics showing all the different princesses of story and film. Some little girl will be thrilled.

The quilt is appropriate for a long twin, coming in at 69 x 102! The assortment of different fabrics makes it a sweet and pretty project.

Here, you can see some of the different princess fabrics. 

I used a panto of butterflies and did the quilting with a pastel variegated thread.

Familiar backing! I think someone else had this backing recently. 

Remember when I said the hydrangea reminded me of clouds? I noted the same thing at the end of the day when I snapped these  pictures!

Here is the bush, loaded with full, fluffy blooms.

One bloom against the green foliage

Here is a perfectly fluffy hydrangea cloud! Gosh, I love this view!
Off to work, and some sewing fun.



2 comments:

  1. So glad you are better. I got so much out of the photos when I clicked on each one and could see the stitching closer- made all the difference in appreciation. Don't know how you get it all done so quick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! The big white quilt took a week to quilt. Not too fast for me.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.