Sunday, July 19, 2020

Weekend quilting!

What a weekend! I am trying to get some of these quilts done and gone home. The custom work slows down the pace, but I've put nose to the grindstone and am powering through. I see the progress, and it makes me feel better.
I started with this modern quilt yesterday. I love the colors!

I chose a flower and feather panto...don't recall the name  right now. I've slept since then.

The pieced back added interest to the otherwise spartan quilt.

The king sized wedding ring quilt is also done! 
Boy, I feel good to have it off the machine and ready to go home.

The quilting is simple, but effective. Too bad the customer had Warm and Natural batting. It doesn't have as much definition and loft as a blend or wool. It will be nice and warm, though!

Detail of the swirl quilting

Detail of the center design

This backing is so beautiful I cut off the selvedge with the particulars so I can get some.
It is from Blank fabrics.

This little monster quilt is adorable!

The customer requested custom quilting. I kept it very simple to keep the quilt nice and soft.

The borders have some fun loopy and wavy treatments.

The big border had a kid type feather, made with undulating lines instead of the feathers.

Fun batik backing.

I set this quilt out at closing time Saturday...

and loaded up this one, too. Then I went and put my feet up!

Today I started with the floral quilt I loaded the night before.

 I used a light lavender thread to add a bit of softness .

Nice peachy backing.

Wow! On the other end of the spectrum is this bright, graphic quilt.

Panto: Jetty, using variegated King Tut thread.


I used the mid-tone pink on the back. It looks cool on the black fabric!

I'm about half done quilting the blocks on the quilt I loaded yesterday. It will be all hand guided custom, so it will take a while to do. Its looking good so far! Nice puffy batting shows off the quilting nicely.

With only a couple of hours left in my work day, I snuck in this QOV. I have three to be done and it's hard to find the time to do them. Free quilting jobs are back burner when we're super busy.

At 5:45 I decided to get off my feet and make a few of the four patch blocks for the shabby chic quilt. I just want to see what all the blocks will look like together, but won't be able to do that yet. 


6:00  came and I stopped pressing blocks to go get dinner ready.
I hope to make headway on the custom quilt, and finish the QOV tomorrow. Then I'll sew a few double four patches and see what happens on the design wall! See you all on the flip side...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.