Wednesday, September 23, 2020

A bit of fun in the studio

 I got a lot done yesterday! I started a little early and went straight to it, loading another John Deere quilt from the same customer as before. This time, she chose green threads, solid on the top and variegated on the back. 

This one wasn't quite as wonky as the first one, but it was still a challenge!

Panto: Farm Tractors

It really shows on the solid backing!

I next loaded up quilt number five of seven vintage quilts from the same customer. This one only needed a few repairs before it was ready. 

All done. I attached blue floral binding and did the hand sewing last night. It's in the wash as I write!

Panto: Time warp

The backing is another sale fabric from the flat fold sale. $6 a yard!

During the quilting moments, I finished making the blocks from the jelly roll, but ran out of green fabric for the background. I added a magenta with lime stars for the last few blocks. Then, I messed around on the design wall until I had a layout I was pleased with. I may get it sewn today...

I started here

Then, I did this

Next, this. I kind of like this. There may be a star today if I can figure out how to make one from what I have. Stay tuned!

I love the little dog...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.