Thursday, September 24, 2020

Are your days all running together? Mine are...

 Was yesterday Wednesday?! I'm starting to lose days quite regularly in this Covid haze. All is calm here in my little bubble while the world seems to be in chaos around me. I am so thankful to have this occupation that I love to fill my time and keep my mind off the disintegration of our country. What do people who don't have some sort of pastime to fill their time do all day? I've never been the stay at home mom, always working and falling into bed tired from the day's toil. Last night was one of those kind of nights. I laid down at midnight, and didn't stir until 8:15 this morning! I miss Molly...she always woke me up at 7:00 no matter what. Anyhoo, I feel refreshed and raring to go.

After moving the blocks around for a couple of hours, I finally landed on a configuration I liked, and started sewing .

Where I started

Nope

Maybe...

Nope

Nope

Nope

Hmmm...

No!

Getting there...

Okay, I like this

I ended up turning the whole thing on its side and sewing it up. 
Needs a border, then , on to the next.

Millie had a couple of hiccups, but behaved pretty well most of the day. The first quilt was this table cover. It will be one of eight the customer has made for her relatives for Christmas.


The blocks are turned so everyone at the table has something interesting to look at. Very clever!


Panto: Bush Berries.


I love the backing. Delft plates all stacked together.

I had a Quilt of Valor patiently waiting for quilting, so I loaded it up and got to work. I like doing these.


The block pattern is something I haven't seen before. I noticed the diagonal vibe going on while I was doing the quilting. Someone will enjoy this, for sure!


Panto: Ribbon Stars


An appropriate, vintage look to the backing.

I washed the fifth vintage quilt after the binding was done, and it fluffed up wonderfully! So soft and cuddly. I love it.


I thought I took a picture of the quilt laid out on the floor...but I guess I dreamt it. It is the one on the top of the pile of five finished quilts. Five done, two more to go!


With the cooler weather, things are starting to look more like Autumn here. I noticed the red tint starting on the dogwood tree, and all the hydrangea are shaded with pink. Mr Wazoo is busy over-seeding the lawn with winter rye. We always have the most beautiful yard all year round because of his efforts.

My coffee cup is empty, I need some breakfast, then, it is off to the studio and the peaceful solitude of my bubble.









2 comments:

  1. Always love to hear about your day. You are an inspiration. Time to look for another companion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are on a list waiting for a puppy. Now, if the mama would only cooperate!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.