Monday, September 21, 2020

Monday in the studio

 How much time do you have in a day? No matter how early I start, I never seem to finish! Time flies by and another day is behind me. Another Monday?! Then, SNAP!, its gone.

I started with the bedspread from yesterday, did the last row and had it trimmed and in the bag by 11:00. 

This will be on an antique bed in a room filled with beautiful family heirlooms and memories. I look forward to seeing how it all comes together!

I wasn't kidding when I said it was huge! This is a picture from the back of the machine where I draped the quilt for these photos.

Both the top and backing fabrics are lush and charming. You can't see the quilting at all! It is Climbing Roses in dusty pink thread, but gets lost in the fabric pattern. I think after washing and a fluff dry, it will show better.

The backing is the same pattern in another colorway. That makes the spread reversible.

Next, I loaded up the Christmas quilt I worked on yesterday. It took the rest of the day to get the quilting done, but it looks so wonderful, I'm happy with the panto I chose.

I am really proud of myself for taming this project into a beautiful, flat quilt.

Panto: Holly Berries in gold thread

Most of the backing is this poinsettia print. I added a wide strip of solid red to get the backing wide enough for the quilt.

I spent the time, while Millie did the heavy lifting, cleaning and rearranging things in the studio. It is amazing how much stuff I have kept for no good reason. I purged and organized the work cart at the end of the machine, and cleaned off the top of my notions cabinet. If I do a little every day, I should have a tidy studio before too long.
I really wanted to get started with the Tula Pink jelly roll, so I stopped cleaning and started sewing. I didn't get very much accomplished, but did get some blocks on the design wall. This isn't what layout I am thinking of, but its a good starting point . It should be fun. I like it.

We'll see how it looks when I get more blocks done.
Monday workday is done, and I have to switch gears and get ready for Tuesday workday!











1 comment:

  1. Love your little quote- just how I feel about housework. Like the way the green triangles work with those strips. The right green can do so much to enhance other colors and prints.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.