Sunday, February 21, 2021

Funday Sunday!! How I missed it.

 I am good to my word! I figured out the block for the man in a hat and made some today. The block is in Barbara Brackman's new version of quilt patterns as Oklahoma Boomer. It was first Published in 1898 by the Ladies Art Company and was a popular block in patriotic quilts. Boomer is usually red or blue, but I am making mine with plaids of earthy colors and a couple of zingers. I worked it out on EQ and am anxious to see it come to fruition.

Here are my first five Boomers. I was going to have different backgrounds, but I like this green dot fabric and want to use it here.
Barbara Brackman lists the block in her new book, the Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns , Third Edition.
If you don't have it, it is worth the big price. It lists over a thousand blocks, with pictures and piecing diagrams. She is also coming out with a Block Base for it. Oooooo!


My first two Boomers...



and their neighbors.

Here is my mock up of where I am going with the quilt.


This is a sample of an OK Boomer quilt from Judy Hopkins and Nancy Martin's book.

Okay,  enough of my new obsession...I did get some work done today. First up, my colorful quilt. I wanted to get it done so I could move on to a new project. Its not a favorite, but it got me over the creative slump I was in.

I ran out of the black and white stripe fabric, so it doesn't have binding yet. I really want the striped stuff, so I will wait until my quilt shop fix on Tuesday to get some.

I tried a new panto called Conduit. It has squares with ovals inside. It made a nice texture, but I think I'll do it smaller next time.

Mr Wazoo thinks the backing is too flashy. ha. ha ha
Never too flashy for me!! I love bright colors!

Well...I almost finished the second customer quilt, but Penny wanted to play, and I couldn't resist that face.

She is especially helpful when I am working on the computer...NOT!!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.