Saturday, February 27, 2021

Moving along with projects

 I have been quite busy these past few days, quilting customer projects as well as doing some sewing. The next tee shirt quilt flimsy is finished and ready for quilting, and I have the swags cut for a  customer quilt I am enlarging for her. Last night, I cut them out and turned the edges so I can begin the appliqué.

The black border is also on, but I took this picture before I sewed it.

14 long swags and 4 corner ones, all ready to be trimmed, turned and appliquéd. I have the 18 flowers ready, too, but need to press them better before turning the edges.

My customers have been busy at home, sewing up some pretty tops.

First is this spectacular hexi quilt. Most of the flowers are fussy cut, making it even more special. The colors are wonderful, too!

The maker chose this panto that I think looks a lot like the hexies! I don't remember the name of it, but I call it Covid...

The backing is appropriate for the design, too!

This customer has made several of these controlled color, plaid looking quilts. Her use of dark-medium-light to give the illusion of a woven plaid is very clever.

Panto: Lockets

The hears are sweet and feminine. The quilt is for a granddaughter.

Charlie Brown!! I love Peanuts, and had the book Happiness is a Warm Puppy when I was in High School many moons ago. The customer said she has had the kit for this quilt for ages and was finally determined to make it. Good job!

Panto: Simply Swirls in bright yellow thread

The quilt is  "big-boy" bed size for a grandson.

Remember Baby Einstein? I had some of these fabrics way back when, and made a couple of baby quilts from them,. The customer had the panel and supporting cast of prints and finally put them together.

Panto: Stars and Swirls in fluorescent green thread.

I love the red dot fabric for the back.

All week, I have been slowly making the men in hats blocks. I now have 20 of them, but think I need one more row...

I had them laid out four across and five down, but the quilt looked too long for the width. One more row, some sashing and a border will make this a fairly large quilt. Not sure yet where I am going to end up with this one, but I like it so far!

Here is the last photo of Penny in her soft collar. I took it off yesterday and gave her a thorough brushing. She still looks like a ragamuffin, but at least she has no mats or tangles in her super soft, curly fur.

Today I hope to get the borders with the swags ready and maybe sewn. I also need to get pieces cut for the spider-web repair. 
I'll be going to Texas in April for six weeks to look after my Dad. My sister needs a respite, and my brother and I will be splitting the time in the Summer to give her a well needed break. I hope to take a few projects to work on as well as a couple of repairs to finish. I can mail them back when I'm done, making everyone happy.
My Dad's 14 year old dog, Millie, passed away this week and I'm sure he is acutely feeling the loss. That dog was the world to him. Maybe my sister's dog and Penny will give him his pup fix to get him through this difficult time. I hope so. Dad is 98 years old, lives by himself with assistance from my sister and home health, and manages pretty well. I'm happy to step in for a while and cook for him as well as ferry him to doctors and shopping. Mr Wazoo has decided to go along, so it will be a family affair.



Millie and Dad at her graduation from obedience school

Millie doing her tricks with Dad

Miss Millie














No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.