Friday, March 5, 2021

Bumbling through my workday

Back at work, I was feeling pretty good quilting with only a clumsy left hand to let me know I had done something really dumb just a couple of days ago. I was able to change to a smaller bandage (two bandaids in a T configuration) and a protective splint to keep from bumping the wound. That, and pain medicine, had me in control and making quilty progress!

Soft, cloth bandaids with a coating of triple antibiotic ointment underneath

My finger armor over the wound.

This is the quilt I was trimming when I had my accident.

I worked hard to remove all the blood splatter, and am happy to report it looks fine!

Cute backing shows off the panto: On the Road Again

I didn't bother to take a picture of the next two quilts because they are identical to this one, with different color borders and thread choices for quilting. The last of the four quilts was a baby quilt. I did one row before having a problem. It wasn't noticeable until the quilt rolled up far enough to see there was a tuck in the center portion of the backing where it had been added to make the backing wider. I spent the next couple of hours picking out three rows, cleaning up all the stray threads, and re-quilting it.

The quilt isn't trimmed in this picture because I had a large repair quilt on the cutting table, but you get the idea. The small patches have fun patterns of airplanes, trucks, cars and dogs!

I chose the panto; Conduit, because of the squares and circles that echo the pattern in the sashing and border fabrics. 
The quilt is for a boy.

Same coral thread on the backing.

After loading the quilt that I couldn't do a couple of days ago because of the too small back, I worked for a while making repair pieces for the next project I'll be doing. There are 61 pieces to replace, so I did about a third of them and carried it upstairs to work on. I'll do this in  sections so the pieces don't get too wrinkly or messy before having a chance to sew them down.

My next sewing adventure awaits.

Tomorrow I will be forging on with this big beauty.
106 x 113"! There are only a few inches of free canvas at each end of the rollers. Yikes! I'm just glad I don't have to do the binding on this one!!

Hey! Maybe this is the guild I'll attend when I'm in Texas.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.