Thursday, January 6, 2022

A little road trip and some tweaking

 Yesterday I decided to change the things I had a problem with on block #1 of the BOM. The yellow flower and bud changed to pink, and there is a proper stem for that flower. I added one more berry to the right side flowers, too.

I'm happier with this. I think it can now be sewn .

I took a speed trip to Dahlonega to pick up glue stick refills and some fabrics for the BOM that I really wanted. My stash is huge, and I have loads of possibilities, but I decided to make all the vessels for the blocks blue. I needed interesting fabrics with bigger patterns. (any excuse to add fabrics to the stash, right?)

Here are the fabrics I selected for the vessels. They may change as I go along, but I really like what I picked so far.

I also got a few more leaf and stem fabrics, some interesting backgrounds, and a few other flower colors.

These are the fabrics I used in block #1. I need to cut some squares from them for the future dogtooth border.

Here is the view outside at 7:30 this morning. It looks like something from a horror movie!

Later today, it is supposed to rain, sleet and snow. 
I'll be inside sewing!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.